We are asking our supporters to help us win the largest portion of the ResQpool Cash Prize for January, 2017. We need you to download the ResQwalk mobile app, designate California Husky Rescue Network Inc. as your charity of choice and use the app for every dog walk, run, bike ride or any other activity in the month of January.
1. You don’t have to donate money or ask anyone to donate money. **See below for how this works; it is NOT a scam!
2. All you have to do is spend time with your dog(s), use the app and exercise (everyone wants to lose those holiday pounds, right?!)
3. You could win totally pawsome prizes generously donated by our CHRN Rescue Angels **See below for contest rules & prizes
4. Every mile you walk, gives us a bigger portion of the ResQpool Cash Prize.
Are you up for helping us win money so we can save more huskies? Pawsome! We thought you would be! Here’s what you need to do.
We’re going to start with a “warm-up” period so we can all get used to exercising and using the app daily. Warm-up period starts now til 11:59 am, Pacific on Saturday, 12/31/2016.
We officially start counting miles at midnight, Sunday, 1/1/2017 til 11:59 pm, Pacific on Tuesday, 1/31/2017. **We'll keep extending the Event dates (Facebook only allows for Events to be no longer than 2 weeks).
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to:
• Download the ResQwalk app via iTunes or Google Play (available for iOS and Android)
• Search for and Select California Husky Rescue Network Inc.
• Everytime you walk, jog, run, bike, or do any kind of activity that’s less than 14 mph, remember remember remember to turn on your app and record your miles!
o We have found, in our own personal experience, that remembering to turn on the app is the biggest obstacle!
You may select any two, three or four-legged team members, but it is essential that your technology team member is the ResQwalk app. You have 31 days to walk as many miles as pawsible while using your ResQwalk app. As always, should any member of your team be caught, the Secretary will notify your significant other in hopes that they’ll pull together your bail money. This message will self-destruct in five seconds… NOT!
Contest Rules & Eligibility
Contestant Entry Information
• You must be 18 years of age or older to participate and win
• You must be a resident of the United States or Canada to participate and win
How to Enter
• Make sure you RSVP to our Facebook event and list yourself as “Going”
• You can join the contest any time until 11:59 pm, Pacific on Tuesday, 1/31/2017
• Participation, e.g. miles walked is tracked via ResQwalk. No actual submission by participants to California Husky Rescue Network, Inc. is required.
o We get activity updates via ResQwalk on who’s walking on our behalf – when and how many miles
o If your ResQwalk profile doesn’t show your last name or you’re using a psydonym, simply send our Facebook page a Private Message and we’ll get you listed on the stats board
• You acknowledge that you understand and agree to all other requirements/restrictions listed within these rules and as listed by ResQwalk.
Warm-up Period Contests
• Each day thru 1/31/2016, if you walk, we’ll enter you into a drawing for a prize. Winners will be randomly selected and notified via Private Message from our Facebook page. You’ll get to choose a prize from the Warm-up Period prize pool!
• We’ll also have 4 weekly contests starting on Sunday and ending on Saturday (1/1/2017; 1/8/2017; 1/15/2017; 1/22/2017) – if you walk, we’ll enter you into a drawing for a prize. Winners will be randomly selected and notified via Private Message from our Facebook page. You’ll get to choose a prize from the Weekly Period prize pool!
ResQwalk Grand Prize Winners
• 1st place – Most miles walked during the contest period (1/1/2017 thru end of 1/31/2017). Winner will be notified via Private Message from our Facebook page. You’ll get first choice of a prize from our Grand Prize pool or any other pool!
• 2nd place – Second-most miles walked during the contest period (1/1/2017 thru end of 1/31/2017). Winner will be notified via Private Message from our Facebook page. You’ll get second choice of a prize from our Grand Prize pool or any other pool!
• 3rd place – Third-most miles walked during the contest period (1/1/2017 thru end of 1/31/2017). Winner will be notified via Private Message from our Facebook page. You’ll get third choice of a prize from our Grand Prize pool or any other pool!
Surprise Prize Contests
• We may do Surprise Prize contests throughout the contest period. For example, ResQwalk with a dog in costume, take a picture and post it to our Event page and you’ll get to choose a small prize!
Winners will be notified by Private Message from the California Husky Rescue Network, Inc. Facebook page on or about the 5th day after a contest period closes.
Agreement to Official Rules
Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein. In accepting any prize, the winner acknowledges that California Husky Rescue Network, Inc. may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or uses prize(s) or with using the ResQwalk app. All international, federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
Release of Facebook
Each participant agrees to completely release Facebook and acknowledges that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with, Facebook
Please send an email to email@example.com or written correspondence to California Husky Rescue Network, Inc. PO Box 3117, San Bernardino, CA 92413.
ResQwalk FAQs (http://resqwalk.com/faqs/)
Is there a cost to use ResQwalk? No! ResQwalk is free for users and free for CHRN
Where does the cash pool come from? Corporate sponsors donate a cash ResQpool and the pool amount is announced at the beginning of each month.
How is the monthly ResQpool divided up amongst the ResQpartners? At the end of every month, the ResQpool is proportionally distributed to our ResQpartners based on miles walked. For example, if a total of 1,000 miles are walked in a month, and Charity A walks 800 miles and Charity B walks 200 miles, then Charity A gets 80% of the ResQ pool while Charity B gets 20%.
Is this just for walking? ResQwalk is NOT just limited to walking. You can do any distance-related activity, such as walking, running or biking, as long as the activity can be measured by GPS and involves a speed of less than 14 mph.
What’s the daily limit on miles that I can log? The maximum amount of miles that can be logged per day, per user is 30 miles. So marathon runners, this is definitely your gig!